- Our Cause
- Burbank YMCA
- Charles River YMCA
- Charlestown YMCA
- Dorchester YMCA
- East Boston YMCA
- Huntington Avenue YMCA
- International Learning Center
- North Suburban YMCA
- Oak Square YMCA
- Roxbury YMCA
- Thomas M. Menino YMCA
- Waltham YMCA
- Wang YMCA of Chinatown
- West Roxbury YMCA
- YMCA Achievers
- YMCA Overnight Camps
- YMCA Training, Inc.
- Work at the Y
Hyde Park - Group Exercise Coordinator
Position Title: Group Exercise Coordinator
Branch: Hyde Park YMCA
Part-time: 15-20 hrs/week
Hourly rate: $16-$20 per hour, depending on qualifications/experience
This position is primarily responsible for the supervision and management of all Group Exercise programming and classes including: Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, TRX, Kettlebell, Bootcamp and more.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Classes/Programs are in place and operating at the highest level for the various service area target markets.
- Earned revenue growth.
- Program participation growth.
- Membership sales and retention achieves new levels of success.
- Planned budgets are accomplished.
- All related staff are trained and performing at the highest levels possible.
- The marketing mix approach to programming is implemented and revised on a regular basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least three years of experience in Group Exercise settings.
- At least three years supervision experience.
- Experience in personal training, and health and wellness programming.
- Background in internal and external marketing/special events.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES/KNOW HOW:
- Understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Ability to interpret, carry out and implement into classes/programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Ability to supervise staff and volunteers while actively handling a variety of functions at the same time.
- Work as an integral member of a staff team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults, youth, teens, seniors and special populations.
- Computer literate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to physically and verbally interact with members and staff.
- At times, be able to lift amounts up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Ability to be flexible to work evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Respect in the Workplace
- CPR/First Aid
- Group Exercise Instructor Certification
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their resume with cover letter to Courtney Harrness at email@example.com