- Our Cause
- Work at the Y
Support the Annual Campaign - Strengthen Your Community
Your support is necessary to fund many of the Y programs and services that families that are in need use every day. Together we can ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn grow and thrive in a YMCA program.
Help a Neighbor. Please consider a gift to our local Annual Fund to help friends and neighbors who need financial assistance to participate at our YMCA. Gifts to our Annual Fund help strengthen the foundations of our community by supporting local scholarships to summer camp, membership, program participation and youth and teen development programs.
Your Contribution Makes A Difference!
These are stories from members we have recently been able to assist through our Annual Fund:
"I recently became unemployed and let my 20 year membership to the YMCA lapse in order to reduce expenses until I find employment. I learned that the North Suburban YMCA offers discounted monthly memberships for individuals like myself experiencing tough times. The Reach Out fund is allowing me to afford a temporarily discounted membership. Thank you and the North Suburban YMCA." Jessica
"Because of a house fire and the resulting insurance problems, I didn’t think I could afford the Y for a few months, but thanks to the generous donors to the Reach Out Campaign, I am able to maintain my membership for a couple of months until I can get my finances back in order. Thanks for your help with this." Ben
How Your Donation Positively Affects People's Lives:
Provides year-round programming for children and adults with cognitive delays and physical disabilities.
- Provides free English classes to more than 70 non-English speaking adults in our local community.
- Every week, Reach Out provides member families who have lost their major source of income a discounted membership and discounted child care for a few months until they can get back on their feet.
- Provides our elderly members on fixed incomes discounted membership rates.
- Provided a free family membership to a single mother who has recently been living out of a women's shelter.
- Provided a family in crisis 4 free days of daycare for 4 children. This family's mother was in intensive care and there was no one to take care of her children.
- Provided a woman currently living in a homeless shelter a temporary free membership until she gets herself back on her feet.
- Provided a mother and her little boys 6 months of free membership and childcare after separating from an abusive relationship.
While programs may develop in one neighborhood, the strength of the Y is that we leverage great programs and take those to other communities that then benefit. Again, at the Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay full fees. We recognize that for communities to succeed, everyone must be given the opportunity to be healthy confident, connected and secure. We can only make that promise through the support of our donors to the Y’s Annual Fund.
Your gift to the Y’s Annual Fund is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.